My Favorite Releases On 7/3/20

I know I said in my last post that I would not be confining Indie Cacophony to the harsh hands of the exclusively current release schedule of new music. But, because of the way of the world leading us to today being a Bandcamp Friday, I happened to have a couple of favorites this time to share:

OMNI:
Omni released a couple of covers today on Bandcamp through Sub Pop to benefit the Georgia NAACP, and one of them is an incredible rendition of Billy Joel's "The Stranger": https://omniatl.bandcamp.com/album/the-stranger-b-w-art-for-arts-sake. It's available to purchase and free to listen. There is unfortunately another Omni on Spotify who is a lot less melodic than our Omni, and they also released music today. But theirs is on Spotify, and not donating to the Georgia NAACP, so don't be fooled.

BABYBOY:
Babyboy's second album is out today. Also Brandeis students, the production is incredible and ethereal (my bandmate, Gav McIsaac, helped record and produce!) My favorite track is "Helena's Closet," featuring vocals from my friend Ashley Nicole: https://babyboymusic.bandcamp.com/album/sweet-berry-bloodbath. They are donating proceeds today to Movement for Black Lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MEET THE LINDA LINDAS

Blue Madonna by BØRNS is fire!